The iconic, powerful message “Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God” was delivered by the American Christian theologian Jonathan Edwards in Enfield, Connecticut, USA on July 8, 1741.
Some say the preaching of this sermon was the catalyst for the First Great Awakening 1730 – 1755. Read it here for free and buy for $1 on Amazon
- 1 of 15. SINNERS IN THE HANDS OF AN ANGRY GOD.
- 2 of 15. There is no want of power in God to cast wicked men into hell at any moment.
- 3 of 15. There are in the souls of wicked men those hellish principles reigning.
- 4 of 15. But the foolish children of men miserably delude themselves in their own schemes.
- 5 of 15. The use of this awful subject may be for awakening unconverted persons in this congregation.